New York City is one of the greatest cities in the world that is filled with culture, excitement, and more cites that you can see in a lifetime. A very popular thing to do in the city is visit one of the beautiful historic museums. There is a museum there for everyone’s taste. From modern art to natural history you cannot go wrong with which one you choose. Here are the top 5 museums you must visit while in New York this summer:
- American Museum of Natural History: The American Museum of Natural history is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the city. The architecture of the museum itself is just stunning. It is located right in the heart of Central Park so you can walk around the park when you are finished. This museum offers a little something for everyone. You can see rocks, ocean life, and dinosaurs all under one room. One thing to remember when planning a trip to this museum is to wear your walking shoes. The museum is huge and there are many staircases to go up and down.
- Museum of Modern Art: The Museum of Modern Art also known as the MoMA is truly unique and will keep your interest your whole visit. Each piece of art you look at is better than the last. The museum features work of architecture, prints, photography, film, electronic media, and much more. This museum is known to be the best modern art museum in the world.
- Museum of the City of New York: This museum is great if you are interested in learning more about the wonderful city of New York. This museum was built in 1932 and is a very big tourist attraction. You can learn about all the interesting history of the city that you may have never heard of while spending the day strolling around in the Colonial style museum.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: The Guggenheim Museum is another must see museum when visiting the city. It was founded in 1937 and is located on the Upper East Side. The Guggenheim is another modern art museum that showcases art by early modernists like Wassily Kandinsky.
- Cooper-Hweitt Design Museum: The Cooper-Hweitt Design Museum is locked in Carnegie Mansion and showcases work done by famous artists and work from the public as well. This is one of the only museums that will showcase work from the public. The museum is known for preserving documents, rare books, drawings, prints, furniture, and ceramics.
When visiting New York in the summer time spending the day in a museum will be well worth the time. Take advantage of the culture this city has to offer.