- South Street Seaport: It may seem weird to people that there is an option to take a water taxi to a beach. Well, in New York you can do just that. Sun, fun, and sand is just a water taxi ride away from the South Street Seaport beach. Many people don’t know this spot as a beach but as a place to go for dinner, drink, or shopping but it is indeed a beautiful beach that visitors should check out.
- Governor’s Island: Governor’s Island is a beautiful beach that is just a ferry ride away from New York City. This island is open every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday Mondays from May 26 – September 30. Governor’s Island has a list of events through out the summer for visitor’s to enjoy.
- Long Island City: Long Island City beach is another water taxi beach that is a very close ride from New York City. This is a great beach to go to if you want to go on a quick ride and not spend a lot of money. It is much closer than traveling to the Hampton’s or Long Beach. The beach is 22,000 sq ft on Long Island City’s East River. It has beautiful views and is perfect for a beautiful day on the water.
- Sandy Hook: Even though Sandy Hook is located in New Jersey it is considered to be a New York beach. If you are staying in New York Sandy Hook is just a 30- minute ferry ride from Manhattan’s South Street Seaport.
- Robert Moses State Park: Robert Moses State Park is a great beach to visit with family and friends. This beach is along New York’s Fire Island. You cannot access this beach with public transportation but it is worth the car ride.
There are so many beautiful beaches to check out in New York that people don’t even know exist. They are all beautiful and have great views they will make a great summer day out.